About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Catherine and I am currently studying a Bachelor of Learning Management at CQUniversity. I am married and we have two beautiful boys. I had both my sons while studying this course full-time. At times, it has been challenging juggling family life with uni, but I feel like a stronger person for doing this and I know that the outcomes will benefit myself and my family, who mean the world to me.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Powerpoints

Powerpoints are a great ICT to integrate into lesson plans. An advantage in including a powerpoint is that, like all ICT’s, it will engage the students and consequently there will be less disruptions and more productive work accomplished.

Powerpoints are a useful presentation tool and ‘they provide an effective approach to both student work and classroom instruction’ (eHow, n.d.). They can be made very basic or extremely complex. A powerpoint can include:
  • images
  • charts
  • motion
  • sound
  • videos
  • website links

Using an interactive powerpoint with your students or asking them to create their own, helps the lesson to become increasingly interesting, which captures and holds students prolonged attention.

Here is a powerpoint tutorial that will guide you through setting one up and introduces you to creating imaginative ways to help keep students engaged.

Reference
eHow. (n.d.). What are the benefits of using powerpoint and slide presentations in the classroom. Retrieved on 21 August, 2010 from http://www.ehow.com/facts_5008796_using-powerpoint-slide-presentations-classroom.html

2 comments:

  1. HI Catherine,
    What I found most useful was the powerpoint tutorial. It would also be a great way for students to learn the basics of using powerpoint. Thank you for the very clear overview of powerpoints.
    ~Selina~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Selina. The tutorial is such a useful tool for the classroom.

    ReplyDelete