About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Catherine and I am currently studying a Bachelor of Learning Management at CQUniversity. I am married and we have two beautiful boys. I had both my sons while studying this course full-time. At times, it has been challenging juggling family life with uni, but I feel like a stronger person for doing this and I know that the outcomes will benefit myself and my family, who mean the world to me.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Big6 Skills

The above framework is known as ‘The Big6 Skills’. ‘Developed by Mike Eisenberg and Bob Berkowitz, the Big6 is the most widely known and widely used approach to teaching information and technology skills in the world’ (Big6, 2001). It helps to incorporate information and use the necessary skills, along with the technology tools, in an efficient method to ‘use, apply and evaluate information for specific needs and tasks’ (Big6, 2001).

Teachers and students can use this in the classroom for any subject where there is an information overload.
This framework does not help you work faster, but it does help you to work smarter.

The following link is the Big6 website. It is definitely worth a look:

Reference:

Big6. (2001). Information and technology skills for student achievement: the big six overview. Retrieved on 17 August, 2010 from http://www.big6.com/2001/11/19/a-big6%E2%84%A2-skills-overview/

1 comment:

  1. Your Big6 diagram turned out really well. For some reason mine didn't. I like the Big6 Framework for ICT's as it is step by step list to work through, even though some you can change around to suit the particular topic. I will be trying this framework in my next prac class when they will be researching a topic, to see how it all works.

    ReplyDelete