About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Catherine and I am currently studying a Bachelor of Learning Management at CQUniversity. I am married and we have two beautiful boys. I had both my sons while studying this course full-time. At times, it has been challenging juggling family life with uni, but I feel like a stronger person for doing this and I know that the outcomes will benefit myself and my family, who mean the world to me.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Concept Mapping

‘A concept map is a special form of a web diagram for exploring knowledge and gathering and sharing information’ (Graphic.org, n.d.). I found concept mapping very easy to achieve. The following are sites that allow you to create your own concept map:


In the classroom, the teacher can collaborate with the students to build a concept/mind map to explore, gather and share information on a relevant topic. This helps both, the teacher and students, to recognise what information is already known and what knowledge needs to be taught.

Reference

Graphic.org. (n.d.). The graphic orgainiser: concept map. Retrieved on 15 August, 2010 from http://www.graphic.org/concept.html



No comments:

Post a Comment